We, the staff of St. Sebastian School, want our students to know Jesus Christ and develop a relationship with Him, and the Father, and the Holy Spirit. We teach children the Catholic faith and instill in them the value of Christian decision making in a secular world. We also strive to help them develop a spirit of service to their community and world.
A quality education is our first priority. We believe that this is best attained, by stressing both respect for authority, and being a member of the larger community, which is the Church. Religious and secular education, are not isolated events. Rather, they can only take place with the partnership of both parents and educators. We expect parents to show their commitment to our faith, our Church, and our God by attending weekly Mass with their children. Our hope is that one day our students will look back on their time at St. Sebastian as a solid foundation in faith and education.
At Saint Sebastian School…
Academic achievement, plus physical and spiritual growth is the goal.
Students are taught to expect success because St. Sebastian School provides the educational foundation for achievement in life.
Excellence is demanded of all who enter the halls of St. Sebastian School including every student, teacher, administrator and parent.
Each student is challenged academically, spiritually and athletically to be prepared for life’s journeys.
Students are challenged by a demanding curriculum with special attention paid to the technology of today and tomorrow.
Saint Sebastian Distinctions:
* God centered Catholic education
* Superior Iowa Basic Skills test scores:
* Students average nearly two grades above their current grade level.
* Eighth-grade students exceed many high school students in math and science.
* Disciplined and safe learning environment
* Certified Chemistry and Physics teacher for 7th and 8th grade science
* Nearly $3,000,000 in campus renovation/construction since 2000
* 132 computers, controlled internet access, and weekly computer class for all students
* Advanced reading programs
* State-of-the-art Science lab
* Two art classrooms and a pottery kiln with weekly class for all students
* Stage for student theater productions and musical performances
* Foreign language facility with weekly class for all students
* Accredited teachers with teacher’s aide per class for Pre-K through 3rd Grades
* Library with more than 5,000 books plus hundred of educational CDs and videos
* Daily religion class for all students
* Weekly physical education class for all students
* Weekly music class for all students
352 Elmdale Ave
Akron, OH 44320
Principal: Sandra Isabella
Date of Open House: 1/25/2015